[erlang-questions] Building OTP on OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Kenji Rikitake kenji@REDACTED
Mon Oct 12 03:04:02 CEST 2015

OS X 10.11 El Capitan seems to have ditched /usr/include altogether
(presumably due to System Integrity Protection policies, even
untouchable with XCode installation).  This prevents Erlang/OTP 18.1.1
to be built with crypto-related modules including ssh and ssl modules.

What I did was to install HomeBrew OpenSSL (after creating /usr/local)
and use --with-ssl=/usr/local/opt/openssl when doing Configure.

OTOH, I find XCode 7.1 places the directory under

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift-migrator/sdk/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include

if you really want to use the stock OpenSSL 0.9.8 (though I haven't tried it).

Any other possible practical solutions on this?

Regards,
Kenji Rikitake