[erlang-questions] NFI's and running multiple VM's

Leandro Ostera me@REDACTED
Sun Mar 15 19:30:35 CET 2015

Thanks a million for the replies, guys.

@Daniel:
1. That's what I thought. I could try this for personal use but it's
clearly not the most scalable option.

2. So using ports I'd be spawning a worker that streams the audio back to
the erlang process, per user that's online and listening. I'll give this a
shot with pyspotify. Let's hope they allow for multiple audio streams for
different sessions from the same host!

3. Unfortunately the Spotify Web API doesn't provide full playback (only
30s previews), but for the rest of the data I was going to use that.

@Jesper: Indeed the library is not thread-safe. Thanks for clearing up what
that meant. And it seems that they haven't updated libspotify in the past 2
years, so hopefully with the releasing of the new Web API they'll roll out
a new release of the C lib.

Thanks for your time guys, I'll be giving this a shot and get back.

--
Leandro Ostera

Github <http://github.com/ostera> | LinkedIn
<http://linkedin.com/in/leostera> | Facebook <http://facebook.com/leostera>