[erlang-questions] SNMP manager buggy and/or partialy implemented? (snmp v3 usm problems)

Seb Seb sebovick@REDACTED
Tue Sep 2 12:12:10 CEST 2014

Hello,

After a full week trying to make snmp application working, specially the
manager, i have noticed these facts:
- miss key feature for snmp v3 "agentId discovery", the code exist but is
commented out (???)
- normal/synchronization reports from agents are not interpreted and
treated as errors (discovery) or treated as error and interpreted (in the
case of sync engineBoots, engineTime),
- is not yet finished (code comments are freaky: "bug bug bug","what the
****", "what about ..."),
- is not maintained , as far as I can go in the OTP github repository same
comments...
- so complicated to configure, that i don't know if there are bugs, or if
it is me who miss the point (for example, I can successfully run v3 in most
modes and protocols, but agents (cisco routers) return snmpInASNParseErrs,
when using auth/sha in conjunction with priv/des while it works perfectly
with auth/md5 priv/des)

How should I consider the development status of this application? Does
someone here use it successfully for managing heterogeneous elements?

Sebovick.