[erlang-questions] DTLS/SRTP for WebRTC

pablo platt pablo.platt@REDACTED
Thu Oct 30 22:33:45 CET 2014

Hi,

What is the state of DTLS in OTP?

I'm interested in using DTLS/SRTP in Erlang for WebRTC.

I've found two implementations:

Clean code but I couldn't make it work because it's missing SRTP support.
https://github.com/RoadRunnr/otp/tree/new_crypto_dtls

This works quite well. I'm able to connect clients to the server:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/discuss-webrtc/MP-1sCrOljA/qAs4VK-18y4J

The problem is that some clients can't connect and I'm getting HANDSHAKE
packets while in the CIPHER state in the following order:
HANDSHAKE, SERVER_HELLO
HANDSHAKE, CERTIFICATE
HANDSHAKE, SERVER_KEY_EXCHANGE
HANDSHAKE, CERTIFICATE_REQUEST
HANDSHAKE, SERVER_HELLO_DONE

I'm assuming that is related to wrong state change or retransmission.
The code only implement retransmission for two packet types and have the
following comment:
%% problem remainning: different strategy should be adopted while
state==hello or cipher.

Does anyone use DTLS/SRTP in Erlang and help solve this issue or recommend
another solution?

Thanks